In response to community need, our CAC is formed a Victim Advocate Program, which began in 2014. We are currently seeking volunteers who wish to serve as Victim Advocates.
What is a Victim Advocate?
The Victim Advocate is a designated, trained volunteer who provides comprehensive, coordinated victim support and advocacy services, including, but not limited to:
- Information regarding dynamics of abuse and the CAC’s coordinated multidisciplinary response
- Updates on case status from initial referral to termination of case
- Assistance in accessing/obtaining victims' rights as outlined by VOCA (Victims of Crime Act)
- Court education, support and accompaniment
- Assistance with access to other services such as protective orders, housing, public assistance, domestic violence intervention and transportation
The Victim Advocate provides initial and on-going support and advocacy to the child and/or non-offending family members.
We Need Volunteers